...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Kin



Downtown Kinshasa... what do I remember from this pic? Well, vodacom will probably always remind me of Cape Town where I first encountered this phone card company. Celtel (red sign) of course has to remind me of visiting Suzy's bud Tanya at work. We were dropped off by the driver Theo near our mom's work and walked past the French embassy parking to the Celtel store. (Blessedly air conditioned I might add)

I also remember my surprise that the red, octagonal signs are actually in English. They read STOP in a french country...

The last thing I dearly remember here is when Mamy and us would go to the grocery store Dan and I would talk about the building you can just make out starting to go up on the upper right corner. For some reason those concrete slats hanging below the windows reminded us of some sort of shielding from some futuristic anime or something. It looked vaguely military-like..

Ah Kin...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12 April, 2007 22:51, Blogger Marieseda said…

    It's interesting the memories a simple picture can invoke. I guess the old saying is true a picture is worth a thousand words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home