...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Saved! (not)

I just came home from watching the movie "Saved!"
(Mandy Moore)

Coupled with a reading of Douglas Coupland's "Hey Nostradamus!" this movie sent me into paroxysms of intense anger. (Almost rage) I get the same sort of feeling from watching Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" (and prob Fahrenheit 9/11)

The movie centers around a group of kids in a group called "Christian Jewels" (an almost exact radical mirror of Douglas's "Youth Alive!" group) They are elitist, mindless, no nonsense, strict Christians. I don't know how to write out, (to someone who has not seen the movie) how I can firmly believe in Christianity yet fully rebel at their logic, (and in some ways everyone's in the film.. alas.. lol) since I feel that some Christians will go the movie...and feel manipulated. Why? They will defend some of the bullshit things that the American Eagle Christian School promote. And therefore will assume anti-Christian leanings of the director and write off a GREAT movie that deals with the PROBLEMS of their views. (grammar aside.. you get my point...I hope)

P.S: I wish to announce I am now in love with Eva Amurri. (In real life she even likes the book "Fast Food Nation"... we can rebel against McDonalds together!

ok...maybe it's just a crush... oh how quick my heart goes out..*sniff*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home