...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

More Work Bullshit

Probably a title many people could use these days...

Do you remember the Union paper from a few months back? Well, today I came back to work to face a whole new set of suprises. It seems that during my time in Mexico, Texas and while being sick, my company has decided to make some changes.

There is probably no point in going into why the decision they made violates previous agreements etc.. just to say for those who know me that I now have to work a 2nd Saturday (12 hour shift) per month rather than 1.

12 hours.
Free.
No extra cash.
No bonus.
Thanks.
Bend over.

How do the employees take it? Typical words float through the air: Unfair, Union, Bullshit... but not much else. What did I do? Called the Ontario Labour Board. They agreed that we are getting screwed, but that what they are doing is technically still within the letter of the law.

Damn.

No win for labour here.

Not enough detail you say? Ask me more and I will elaborate... I'm just pissed right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home