...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Saturday, April 17, 2004

"You can tell how a relationship will go by the way the couple treats each other during a fight. If the fight stays on topic...however if it turns into attacks on the person's character...

...I overheard someone saying that today at the Eglinton Subway station. My friend Kristy and I have talked about that issue at length in the past. We don't usually get in large arguments.. we will disagree and at times completely misunderstand the other....completely misinterpret what is being said, and of course at times ask why each other would say it.. knowing what we do about the other.. However, what does not happen is an attack on the motives of the other person. There is no subtle or obvious attack about why something happened the wa it did... about what the other was trying to get across, etc.

When someone does that to me my back gets up, big time. Once my motives have been stated by the other party I find it hard to continue the argument as is due to an obvious misstatement of my interior self.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home