...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Monday, March 15, 2004

As can be found out by reading the comments on the Union post, I got my magazine back.

During my "struggle" I noticed that many of the employees are so afraid!

When they perceive someone as rocking the boat they will say, "C'mon man, I've got a mortgage..." It will be said with a smile but said all the same. I guess it's a common thought that "if things aren't exactly in the gutter, DO NOTHING. Hopefully the company will decide to change something out of the goodness of their heart. If you, however, rock 'em... things could get worse."

...sigh...

For instance:

me: Hey guys.. did anyone ever try and get a union in he..
them: Shhh!!!! I heard they fire you for saying that....
them: What are you thinking? You're just gonna make things worse...

WTF? I'm just asking. I don't think a union is always the answer... I don't think they are way better than corporations all the time... but they aren't EVIL.

The other thing I noticed was the amount of people who would rather suppress their own values than stand up for them. If they feel that to stand up for their values they could have to confront someone "above" them that is. When my MGR took my property and told me I could not have it back, and asked me "Why would you want to read this?" I felt it was meant to get me to just let it go...
When I told some people at work, (and when they told others...) a common reaction was: "It sucks that they would do that.. I feel for ya.. but why not just let it go. It's ok. It'll never go away anyway..." They would rather, and at times HAVE, not stand up for their rights because it might make some trouble for themselves...

FUCK... huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home