...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Airplane

The one thing that hits me about long plane rides.. is the 2nd leg of the trip. The first part from Toronto to Frankfurt was fine. A long trip but no problem.

(Frankfurt itself wasn't very busy or bustling because they have laws about Sunday shop openings. We ended up in Starbucks of all places for an hour or so but did get to wander the empty streets and look at the different architecture etc. The Goethe house was fascinating though and we did have fun there but then it was say noon.. we still had 5 hours to go and nowhere else to see. We went back to the airport and slept.)

The 2nd leg to Capetown was about a 12 hour flight. It was super long, I did get to sleep in spurts but after awhile your legs and feet don't feel right no matter how much you stretch or get up and Dan and I almost felt like we were going to go insane.

Still, South African Airways was a much better flight in terms of service, food, movies, games then was Lufthansa which was just bare bones.
----
Traditional wedding is Wednesday evening and apparently Suzy's mother is going to get it filmed. That will be something to see when we get back!

3 Comments:

  • At 10 January, 2007 21:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dread plane rides too! They're NEVER comfortable and there's almost never any space to stretch. I've never flown first/business class so I don't know if it's any better. Economy sucks!

    Too bad you weren't able to go around Frankfurt and instead had to hang around trusted ol' Starbucks! But I'm sure Africa is a sight to behold. JERRY AND I HAVE TO COME WITH YOU GUYS NEXT TIME!

     
  • At 11 January, 2007 19:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you must be GLAD to finally be off of the plane...it is a very long flight, I hate even short flights, I feel like I can't even move, and that i just need to get out...craziness..anyways, look forward to the new posts when they come!
    Kristy

     
  • At 12 January, 2007 14:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to be there for the first official screening of your wedding when you get back to the T-dot/Scompton. (I still say it's scarborough, not toronto, I will never accept amalgamation dag-nabit!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home