...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Friday, June 30, 2006

Boat tour

A cabbie once remarked to me how interesting it was that when you travel to other cities, you check out the sites. You take harbour tours, visit islands, see historic monuments etc. But, that in the city in which you live, you take it for granted.

I had this in mind when we (my fiance and I) went to her works thank you party aboard a boat. The boat left dock around 6:30pm or so and returned at about 10pm. While waiting for dinner we did figure-8's between Toronto's harbour area and the Toronto Islands. After dinner started to be served we took a leisurely trip around the interior of the islands. Once the tables had been cleared away and the dancing really started we left that sheltered area and went south of the islands. The boat stayed there pretty much until about 9:40 or so before heading back to dock.

You don't get to dance that often while looking at the scenery we had. You also don't get a nice, cool, lake breeze streaming in every few minutes! Near the end of the night as we were still on the top deck (of 3 total decks) dancing away we started back in towards the harbour. We passed about 30 feet from the Toronto Island Airport, passed runways and tower, hangers and prop planes. It was something that simply can be described as cool, that we were able to see all of this while on our way back in.

As for pictures, I did take them and will publish them over at my photoblog Addendums.

My camera seems to be in the throes of death. No matter the type of batteries I use, they usually read as dead by the camera which promptly shuts down after about a half hour. This wasn't always the case so I assume something happened to it. The only other option I used to have was my Motorola V220. Not a bad phone at all and it has a handy camera to use. But recently I had been given a new Nokia 6682 to try out. Having been stuck without the use of my main camera I went with this one and... well you'll see the results soon on my other blog. I just am glad I had that with me, I know you don't have to take pictures but if you know me... well I always like to have the option!

1 Comments:

  • At 30 June, 2006 17:33, Blogger Krupo said…

    This was on Thursday, not Wednesday, eh?

    Wednesday probably wouldn't have been as pleasant, eh?

    And "ditto" on the "you never visit your own place" observation. Futurama played that observation to humorous perfection when they "visited the edge of the universe" and Dr. Zoidberg mentioned that you "live in the universe, but never visit the sites until someone comes to visit".

    Heh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home