...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DOAP



What a movie this was! It isn't really clear what the year is supposed to be when the movie was made, but it is obviously later than 2007, at least late 2008 or more. This movie looks back in time to the year 2007 when George W. Bush was assassinated in Chicago as he left a meeting where he addressed the state of the United States economy. Using a few actors and some real interviews and film clips this piece is woven together I feel rather accurately.

Patriot Act III is introduced and other changes because of his death as Cheney is made President. It doesn't have an activist or left leaning conclusion nor does it expose some huge thing that is going on now. Rather it is almost real life. What you could see happening for sure without any stretch of the imagination required. It's as if it did happen. An effective story that seemed as if like I said, it was already history.

Only twice did I notice the add-ons. One was an obviously fake newspaper front page and the other when a name was edited into a Cheney speech. Other than that you can believe that every interview and shot was indeed made for the purpose of this film only. DOAP works.

4 Comments:

  • At 02 November, 2006 00:31, Blogger Krupo said…

    Saw it on Saturday - I enjoyed the first half - nice and adrenaline racing suspense.

    The second half, post-shooting, really, was like what I imagine a boring episode of CSI is like. ;)

     
  • At 02 November, 2006 08:07, Blogger Sj said…

    Funny you used the word "Saw" first.. I saw that too and it sucked royally.

    Yeah, when the shooting was to take place I felt this huge but horrible anticipation (you know what to expect, but don't really know, and almost wonder what it will do...)

     
  • At 02 November, 2006 14:40, Blogger Suzy said…

    I thought that the second part was rather interesting because it seemed so real, I didn't really think about DOAP as a movie, I thought of it as a documentary which is probably why I was able to really take in all the details and to put myself in that position. Interestingly enough I was just discussing the number of death there has been in the US army and I thought it was interesting twist- I enjoyed the end

     
  • At 05 November, 2006 11:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heard it was good but haven't seen it yet. my curiosity is growing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home