...and all this is to whom?

email: encyclical at gmail.com

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

My Christmas happened tonight.

I have always wanted to go skydiving.. just a part of my idea of excitement, thirst for the feeling of being free of gravity as felt THROUGH another object. (ie/ most times your feet) Imagine letting yourself be free from all constraints. And though you are falling and undeniably you can feel the effects of the force pulling you down... not one part of your body is against anything.. a feeling you can only get from falling or swimming. Now arguably when you are falling from 2500+ feet the air will have more of a feeling of solidity.. but I want the adrenaline, the power to know I was able to do it personally..
I trained to do my first jump (approx. 2500ft) about 2 years ago but the conditions weren't right for first time jumpers. Last year one of the guys I trained with tried to go with me but was too hung over so that died too. My gf knew all this and thought it would be great to give me re-training AND a second jump. (first one I still get for not having done it before)
I haven't thought about jumping for almost half a year really... busy with thoughts of going back to school (to University), work, traveling (Mexico), friends, responsibilities etc. When I opened this present and saw the lil' slip... I finally felt that confidence that it was GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home